Announcements- Click here for the latest announcements, HPCON and COVID-19 information!

About Us

Type of Applicants Accepted

Civilian Students

  • Can only rotate during the period January through May, with the exception of those students interviewing for one of the few civilian resident slots available here at Tripler or the Veteran Affairs.
  • Must be from an accredited medical school or school of osteopathic medicine in the United States and Puerto Rico.
  • Those civilian students to include HPSP students, doing a NADT (Non-Active Duty for Training) must ensure that their school has a Memorandum of Agreement in force between their school and Tripler Army Medical Center.  Without this agreement students are not authorized to rotate until an agreement is in effect.
  • If you are getting computer access, you will need to bring two forms of identification to get your Common Access Card (CAC), when you in-process with the Aloha Center.
    • Primary Identification (ID):  Military ID, Driver's License, US Passport.
    • Secondary ID:  US Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, voter's registration card, a second Primary ID.
    • Not Acceptable:  Student ID, Expired IDs, nor Concealed Weapons Permits are not acceptable as well. 

Army HPSP Students

  • All ADT (Active Duty Training) educational rotations (to include school time) must be completed by 30 September and cannot start again until after 15 October.
  • Be aware that the number of ADT and NADT tours that may be performed at Tripler Army Medical Center is limited to one each.
  • While doing a NADT you are not allowed to wear your uniform per HPSP policy.  The only time you may wear your uniform is when you are interviewing.  NO EXCEPTIONS! 

Air Force and Navy HPSP Students

  • Cannot apply for ADT at Tripler Army Medical Center.
  • Cannot use your military CAC while in a civilian status.
  • Follow the same requirements as those for civilian students applying for an educational rotation.

Contact Us

Medical Student Coordinator

Phone number: (808) 433-6992
Don't forget to keep your family's information up-to-date in DEERS.