COVID-19 Vaccine Availability
COVID-19 vaccines currently available to all U.S. citizens and residents are Johnson & Johnson/Janssen, Pfizer-BioNTech-COMIRNATY®, and Moderna. These vaccines are safe and effective against COVID-19 and its variants.
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has fully authorized the Pfizer COMIRNATY® vaccine for individuals age 16 and older.
- The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is offered through an FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for children ages 12 - 15
- The Johnson & Johnson and Moderna vaccines are offered through an FDA EUA for individuals age 18 and older.
- The DOD now requires COVID-19 vaccines for all members of the Armed Forces under DOD authority on active duty or in the Ready Reserve, including the National Guard, who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
DOD COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
The DOD now requires COVID-19 vaccines for all members of the Armed Forces under DoD authority on active duty or in the Ready Reserve, including the National Guard, who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Each service will decide their own deadline for vaccination.
- If you’re a active duty and you’ve received a COVID-19 vaccine from a non-DOD provider, make sure to update your medical records.
- If you are active duty and have questions about getting the COVID-19 vaccination shot please speak to your chain of command.
- If you haven’t received your COVID vaccine yet, schedule your vaccine as soon as you can. Find a DOD COVID Vaccine Location near you
If you have questions, contact your unit commander.
Recommended Third Dose
If you have an immune system that is moderately to severely compromised, the CDC recommends you may receive an additional dose of mRNA COVID-19 vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna). This would be at least 4 weeks after your second dose. >>Learn More.
Get the COVID-19 vaccine to protect yourself, your family, your community, and our nation.
To learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine, visit www.tricare.mil/COVIDVaccine.\
COVID-19 Vaccinations are available
Tripler Army Medical Center is offering vaccinations on the 3rd floor lanai on a walk-in basis from Tuesday, October 19, thru Saturday, November 13 (7 a.m.- 2 pm Monday – Friday; 7 am – noon). Beneficiaries can receive first, second and booster COVID-19 Pfizer vaccinations; those receiving the Pfizer vaccine can also receive flu vaccinations. The first and second dose Pfizer vaccinations are now available to those 12 and older.
Please note that there is a difference between a third dose and a booster dose, of a COVID-19 vaccination. A third dose requires a doctor’s order and is administered 28 days after the second vaccination based on a patient’s immunocompromised status. A booster dose is administered six months after the second vaccination based on a self-identified increased risk (for anyone 18 years or older).
Please sign up at https://informatics-stage.health.mil/TriplerCOVIDApp/.
COVID-19 Vaccine Update
COVID-19 Vaccine Screening and Immunization Document DHA Form 207
COVID-19 Pfizer Vaccination Fact Sheet