List of Services Provided:
The Tripler Army Medical Center cardiology clinic provides a wide spectrum of cardiovascular care to eligible beneficiaries. Services include evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disorders to include:
- coronary artery disease commonly manifested as chest pain or a heart attack
- rhythm disturbances commonly manifested as palpitations, dizziness or loss of consciousness
- chronic heart failure commonly manifested as dyspnea and swelling of the lower extremities
- adult congenital heart disease and variety of other medical conditions affecting the cardiovascular system
Procedures offered by the cardiology service include electrocardiograms, exercise treadmill test, transthoracic echocardiograms, transesophageal echocardiograms, ambulatory telemetric monitoring, tilt table testing, coronary angiography, percutaneous intervention, pacemaker implantation, cardioverter defibrillator implantation, congestive heart failure clinic, cardiac rehabilitation and anticoagulation clinic.
How to make an appointment:
To book an appointment with Cardiology call 1-888-683-2778
My provider is _insert name_, can I make a follow up appointment?
For Active Duty: Yes, let me see what providers are available.
For others (Family members/Retirees): Upon review, it looks like you need a new consult and the Chief will review if we can meet access to care or if we have the capability to help assist you. For VA: At this time, all consults are being deferred to the VA for evaluation and treatment.
My provider _insert not cardiology doctor_ ordered tests, can the cardiologist call me with the results?
Unfortunately, we only perform the tests. You will have to call the providers office that ordered the tests for the results.
My Cardiologist has left, can another Cardiologist refill my medication?
For Active Duty: Yes.
For others: You will have to contact your Primary Care Manager (PCM) to help assist you with the refill. I do recommend establishing care with a network cardiologist for continuity of care and ease of medication refills.
How am I supposed to come to an appointment if you don't allow children?
Tripler Army Medical Center offers the Children's Waiting Room for children 6wk-12 years old. Reservations are preferred, although not required. Would you like the number? The number is: (808) 433-3270.
I was seen in the Emergency Room, and told I need to make a follow up appointment with the Cardiology clinic…
Ok, let me see how I can help.
- Yes, I did receive your consult, let’s get you scheduled.
- Unfortunately, we are a medical specialty clinic therefore we need a referral for you to be seen here in clinic. I recommend you follow up with you PCM and they will assist you by placing the consult.
We accept customer satisfaction feedback through our FOCUS "For Our Customer's Ultimate Satisfaction" Cards (located throughout the hospital) and through our Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE) site located on the Internet at http://ice.disa.mil.
If you have any questions, you may contact our Customer Relations office