Army Public Health Nursing Clinic
Army Public Health Nursing enables Total Force readiness through promoting population-focused health, mitigating disease and injury, assuring force health protection, informing policy, and responding to emerging health threats.
One team with one purpose; inspiring trust through caring, commitment and excellence.
7th Floor, Oceanside room 7A 020A
List of Services
Child Youth Schools & Services (CYSS)
Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
- Provide health and sanitation inspections of childcare facilities and Family Childcare homes, training staff as needed on health related matters, and serving as the health consultant on the of multidisciplinary Inclusion Action Team (MIAT)
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- Provide education and counseling on STI prevention and conducts contact tracing on identified close contacts.
Latent Tuberculosis Infection (LTBI) Evaluations
- All clients diagnosed with HIV and/or a STI infection are to be referred to Public Health Nursing by the Diagnosing/treating Provider.
- APHN completes risk assessments, provides risk reduction counseling, conducts contact interviews, and follow-up if indicated. APHN ensures that required reporting is completed per federal, state and local guidelines and facilitates partner notification.
Epidemiology and Disease Surveillance
- Offer education and counseling and provides various treatment options to those who have been diagnosed with latent tuberculosis infection. Assistance with contact evaluation for cases of active tuberculosis is also available.
Health Promotion and Wellness
- Conducts data analysis, disease assessment, outbreak investigation, communicable disease reporting and surveillance, and epidemiological investigations and guidance on treatment/management of affected population.
Medical Threat Briefings
- Facilitate and conduct education/training on health & wellness related topics as required to the units USAHAW units and the community at large considering the CHSA
- Conducts health fairs within the community considering monthly health observance
Tobacco Free Living Education
- Provide information on health threats and countermeasures while deployed. Briefings offered by appointment.
Rabies Prevention and Surveillance (Animal Bite Program)
- Offer education and counseling to service members and beneficiaries who desire to quit using tobacco. Clients may schedule an appointment with their Primary Care Provider (PCP) for treatment to quit tobacco.
Influenza (flu) Vaccinations and Education
- Monitor patients started on rabies post-exposure prophylaxis and ensures rabies vaccination series are completed.
- Assist in planning and conducting annual community outreach influenza vaccination.
Pregnancy and Post-Partum PT (P3T)
- Conducts blood lookback on any identified positive cases from blood products donations.
- Coordinates education classes with various facilitators and units are responsible for conducting physical training
Putting prevention into practice is a primary goal for Public Health Nursing; promoting health and preventing disease and injuries among our entire patient population. We offer information and education on tobacco cessation, healthy lifestyles, safety, physical fitness, self-care, wellness, nutrition, communicable diseases, HIV, tuberculosis, and reproductive health which includes education on contraceptive safety, preventing the spread of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections, improving maternal care, and facilitating access to quality reproductive health services.
We also assist with scheduling health promotion classes/workshops; and distribute educational materials and referral information regarding health promotion and disease prevention. Units are encouraged to contact APHN for any unit individualized health promotion and wellness education. Anyone needing health promotion and wellness education and counseling is also encouraged to contact APHN.
Hours of Operations
Monday thru Wednesday: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Thursday: 7:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. (closed 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. for training)
Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Federal Holidays: Closed