To promote health and disease prevention by educating and providing comprehensive environmental and sanitary monitoring of water, food services, and hazardous and medical waste, and providing pest management, Wet Bulb Globe Temperature, and general sanitation for the Hawaii Community.
One team with one purpose; inspiring trust through caring, commitment and excellence.
List of Services
Potable Water Program
Food Service Sanitation Program
- State Certified Water Lab
- Conduct water sampling by request and provide memorandums for bottled water operations as needed
- Conduct Quality Assurance/Quality Control sampling of three separate potable water systems
- Bi-annual Dental Water Bacteriological Compliance Sampling
Hazardous and Regulated Medical Waste
- Continued monthly food service facility sanitation inspections of dining facilities, school cafeterias, Army and Air Force Exchange Service, and Morale, Welfare, and Recreation-run food establishments, continentals, food courts, and mobile food vendors.
- Bi-Monthly Post-wide Food Handler Sanitation Class, Bi-Monthly Child, Youth and School Services Food Handlers Class
- Perform complaint investigations
- Conduct food service facility plan review
- Review establishment's Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point plan
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local policies
- Event Support (all events involving food service)
- Monthly checks on Hazardous Waste/Regulated Medical Waste procedures throughout Womack and outlying clinics
- Address risks associated with Hazardous Waste/Hazardous Materials throughout the hospital under Environment of Care Committee
- Monthly training and tour on HW/RMW
General Sanitation Program
- Mosquito and tick surveillance and identification
- Routine observation food establishment insects and rodents
- Consultation for other entomological pests
Other Environmental Programs
- Conduct facility inspection of Detention Center, Child Development Centers, Family Child Care Homes, barber/beauty shops, gyms, Smith Lake, and recreational water facilities.
- Perform healthy home inspections (on post) by request.
- WBGT Monitoring
- Perform epidemiology investigations
- Provide technical assistance to stakeholders
- Field sanitation team certification class
- Deployment environmental health concerns for environmental compliance class
- Preventive Medicine Specialist (68S) military proficiency training
We accept customer satisfaction feedback through our FOCUS "For Our Customer's Ultimate Satisfaction" Cards (located throughout the hospital) and through our Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE) site located on the Internet at http://ice.disa.mil.
If you have any questions, you may contact our Customer Relations office
Hours of Operations
Monday thru Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Federal Holidays: Closed