List of Services Provided
- Tripler Army Medical Center Fisher House is conveniently located next to the hospital and can accommodate up to 19 families in suites which consist of either 1 queen bed or 2 twin-beds.
- Each room includes a private bathroom, linens, cable TV, DVD player, telephone, and free Wi-Fi.
- Each house offers shared common areas: family room with large TV, dining room, a fully-equipped kitchen, outside lanai with seating, and an indoor laundry area. COVID Limitations apply.
- Pantry area is open to all guests and offers a wide variety of food, amenities and paper supplies
Q: Who can stay at the Tripler Army Medical Center Fisher House?
A: Personnel who meet the following criteria:
- Must have referral form submitted by a case worker or clinical/medical employee.
- If active duty, member must not be on funded orders
- Patient must reside outside a 50-mile radius of the treatment facility*
- Patient must have a non-medical attendant and good contact info
- Family willing to accept (and adhere to) house rules Current DODi policy under review a/o Oct2020
Q: What happens after my referral form is submitted?
A: Fisher House staff ranks the application based on priority and places the family on the wait list if accommodations are not immediately available. At such time when availability does become available, the staff will contact the family to arrange check-in.
Q: Is housekeeping service provided at Tripler Army Medical Center Fisher House?
A: No, non-medical attendants are expected to upkeep both room and tend to patient care. Upon checkout, house guests must return the room to the same (clean and laundered) condition it was found in at check-in.
Q: Are meals provided at Tripler Army Medical Center Fisher House?
A: No, non-medical attendants are expected to provide and prepare meals for their patient.
Q: If I am stationed at a military base on the island, can I and my family stay at the Fisher House?
A: Typically no, Fisher House is primarily to support those (active duty, veteran, retiree) from either out-of-state or an outer island, outside a 50 mile radius. If there is any question or an extenuating circumstance, please contact the manager at (808)799-5994 to discuss
Q: Is there transportation to and from Tripler stay at Fisher House?
A: Tripler Army Fisher House does not provide transportation; however, Tripler Trolley does service the base and is frequently used by house guests who do not have ground transportation. The hours are typically Mondays thru Fridays, 0700-1600 and telephone number for the trolley is (808) 433-1200
Q: What COVID adjustments have been made at the Fisher House?
A: Tripler Army Fisher House has reduced maximum occupancy to facilitate social distancing. Additionally, only 2 persons (patient and NMA) are allowed to stay in a room. Any (local/state-mandated) quarantine must be completed prior to checking in to the Tripler Army Medical Center Fisher House and masks are mandatory to/from each house and in the common areas unless seated at the dining table and actively enjoying a meal.
Other pertinent information you would like to include:
Tripler Army Medical Center Fisher House is comprised of 2 houses, the first house was dedicated in 1994 and contains 8 suites.
In February of 2004, House 2, 11 suites and current office location, was dedicated to the loving memory of Tony and Anne Fisher, nephew of Founder Zachary Fisher who served as Vice Chairman, Fisher House Foundation, and Chairman of the Intrepid Foundation.
Tripler Army Medical Center Fisher House has picturesque views of the south-western coast of Oahu island, land and seascape scenery of the Pacific Ocean. Our reach is as close as an outer island, and as far as countries of American Samoa, Guam, Japan, Micronesia, Singapore, Thailand, and the continental USA. Thanks to our generous community, basic food items, toiletries, and laundry supplies are provided. Since opening, Tripler Army Medical Center Fisher House has saved military families at least $4M in lodging and dining accommodations.
Fisher House Referral Form
Fisher House Wish List
Fisher House Application for Lodging Addendum
Fisher House Case Worker Information
We accept customer satisfaction feedback through our FOCUS "For Our Customer's Ultimate Satisfaction" Cards (located throughout the hospital) and through our Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE) site located on the Internet at http://ice.disa.mil.
If you have any questions, you may contact our Customer Relations office