Laser Refractive Clinic
The Laser Refractive Clinic will be closed on Thursday, 11 August 2022 due to off-site clinic meeting. No Refractive Surgery applications will be taken on this day.
The clinic will re-open on Friday, 12 August 2022 at 7:30 a.m. Refractive Surgery applications will be taken again on 18 August 2022.
- Refractive Surgery packets will be accepted on Thursdays from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Only packets submitted by the refractive surgery applicant will be accepted. Packets cannot be delivered by anyone else except the applicant.
- Packets can only be accepted in person. We will not accept emailed packets nor will we email any portion of the packet.
How to start the process:
Patients are required to view the Refractive Brief (in order to view brief you will need to download file to your computer), prior to their appointment in order to be informed on the differences and pros and cons of PRK and LASIK. When viewing the presentation, be sure to click the “slideshow” icon in the bottom right; the presentation will then play with audio and without the need to click through the slides. After completing the brief please fill out Laser Brief Acknowledgment form.
Step one: Print out and review service requirements for Refractive Surgery Packet and Commander’s Letter (Both located below.)
Step two: Gather all required documents. Please bring the following into the clinic to drop off: your last two detailed eye exams one current from within the year and one from the previous year. (Prescription scripts will not be accepted,) service verifying document (Army-SRB, USMC-BIR, Navy-FLTMPS, Air Force- SURF pg.1, USCG- Admin Data Summary) Refractive Surgery Packet, signed Commander’s Letter from an O-3 or above, and Laser Brief Acknowledgment.
Your final packet should include:
NOTE: YOUR PACKET WILL NOT BE REVIEWED IF MISSING ANY DOCUMENTS!
- Copies of your last two eye exams
- The exams need to have manifest refractions included.
- Exams must be at least 12 months apart.
- Appropriate service verifying document (see step two)
- Refractive Surgery Packet
- Commander's Letter
- The Commander MUST date the letter. A digital signature or wet signature is accepted. We will not accept a packet without a signed and dated Commander's Letter.
- Laser Brief Acknowledgement
Step three: BRING ALL DOCUMENTS to the Ophthalmology/Laser Refractive Clinic Tripler/Oceanside/2nd Floor/C-Wing (Packets accepted Thursdays from noon to 3:00 p.m. except holidays/family days) **Ensure 2-sided documents are converted to 1-sided:
A. Refractive Surgery Packet (Patient Questionnaire)
B. WRESP Commander’s Memo (Signed by O-3 or above)
C. 2 DETAILED Eye Exams which include a manifest refraction
* At least 12 months apart no more than 3 years. *Might be 2-sided
* IF YOU ARE DUE FOR YOUR ANNUAL DETAILED EYE EXAM which MUST include a manifest, please schedule with Optometry and acquire before you bring in your packet.
*Optometry numbers: Tripler Optometry (808) 433-4716 / Schofield Barracks Optometry (808) 433-8461, 8462, 8471 / Makalapa Optometry (808) 473-1880 ext 347 / MCBH Optometry (808) 257-3365 ext 9-7319 / Hickam Optometry (808) 448-6160
D. ETS verification document
*USA – SRB/ERB/ORB / USN - FLTMPS / USAF - SURF / USMC - BIR /
USCG - CG members Information Summary ***NO EXCEPTIONS
**Required ETS (from the date of surgery): USA/USAF 6 months; USN/USMC/USCG 12 months
Step four: You will be emailed or called to schedule an appointment once your completed packet has been reviewed.
- Bring your current glasses to your first appointment.
********EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY THE OVERSEAS REFRACTIVE PROGRAM IS SUSPENDED******
*Contact wearing personnel. You must be out of your contacts for 30 DAYS prior to having an appointment. (you cannot put them in even for one minute)
*Enhancements also submit your records from your first refractive surgery.
*To ask questions, you may contact the Refractive E-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
**PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT REFRACTIVE PACKETS TO THE EMAIL. You will be notified to bring in the completed packet to the clinic.
You will be turned away if the packet is incomplete.
We accept customer satisfaction feedback through our FOCUS "For Our Customer's Ultimate Satisfaction" Cards (located throughout the hospital) and through our Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE) site located on the Internet at http://ice.disa.mil.
If you have any questions, you may contact our Customer Relations office