Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery (MIGS)
The Tripler Army Medical Center Division of Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery’s mission is to provide advanced endoscopic and robotic surgical care for complicated gynecologic pathology that includes inpatient and outpatient care to a patient population of over 90,000 active duty personnel, dependents, retirees and patients enrolled in the Pacific Island referral program.
We are committed to providing holistic and comprehensive care with a special focus on the following conditions:
- (Includes laparoscopic and robotic based excisional and CO2 Laser ablation procedures)
- Pelvic Pain
- Ovarian cysts
- Uterine fibroids
- Uterine polyps
- Abnormal Uterine bleeding
- (Hydrothermal and Radiofrequency ablations)
- Tubal based Infertility (Secondary to tubal disease/past surgery)
- Pelvic adhesive disease
- Ectopic pregnancy management
- Diastasis Recti
- All other “benign” gynecologic concerns
We are focused on providing a safer and more effective alternative to traditional open surgical techniques. We consistently are referred the more complicated and technically challenging cases that would otherwise need a large abdominal incision to correct and we are leaders in developing and teaching minimally invasive procedures.
Some of these techniques include:
- Robotic surgery
- Single Site Robotic surgery
- Diagnostic and operative Laparoscopy
- Diagnostic and Operative hysteroscopy
Compared to open (large incision) procedures minimally invasive surgery offers:
- Faster recovery
- Shorter hospital stay
- Less pain
- Smaller incisions
- Less blood loss
- Decreased scar tissue formation
- Early return to normal daily activities
While we rank in the top percentile among all Tripler Army Medical Center GYN services in procedure volume, we never lose sight of our goal of providing you the same quality care we would want for our own family members. We consistently have received patient comment satisfaction cards that rank our efforts and the care that we provide as exceptional.
We are committed to elevating the quality and safety of health care for women through not only excellence in our clinical and surgical practice but by empowering women through education and research.
Tripler's OB/GYN services include:
Reproductive, Endocrinology, Infertility (REI) Clinic