Welcome to Family Medicine Clinic
Our Family Medicine staff and residents of Tripler Army Medical Center would like to thank you for choosing our Ohana for healthcare. We provide healthcare services to active duty beneficiaries, their family and retired service members who have been empanelled to our service. Fourteen board certified family physicians, five family nurse practitioners, a psychologist, a pharmacist, a behavioral scientist, and 37 nurses and administrative personnel are available to assist you and your family in all their healthcare needs.
The Family Medicine Service and Clinic is located on the first floor of D-Wing on the Oceanside of Tripler Army Medical Center. Enter the building on the ground floor and proceed to the elevator or stairs to the first floor.
Hours of operations
||(No PPD after 1500)
- Day Clinic is from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday;
- Evening Clinic is from 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM, Monday through Thursday;
- Immunizations are given during normal duty hours, and during below Walk-In Hours:
- NO PPDs are placed on Thursday or on Fridays when next Monday is a Holiday.
- Closed on all Federal holidays.
MHS GENESIS Patient Portal - access your health information, schedule appointments
On Sep 24, 2021, TRIPLER AMC transitioned to a new electronic health record called MHS GENESIS. The MHS GENESIS Patient Portal
is a secure website to access your health information, schedule appointments, and exchange messages with your care team anytime and anywhere. It replaced TRICARE Online (TOL) and TOL Secure Messaging. Patients can access TOL to view information prior to the switch to MHS Genesis.
All appointments, laboratory and radiology results and pharmacy orders placed after Sep 24, 2021 are in the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal. 24/7 online appointment booking with the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal will be enabled in the near future. Until then you can use the MHS Genesis Patient Portal
messaging to request an appointment. Available during regular business hours, the DHA Hawaii Market Central Appointment Service at 1-888-683-2778 can schedule or assist with scheduling all appointments.
- Visit MHS GENESIS Patient Portal and click Register.
- When prompted, select your provider as your doctor. NOTE: To ensure security, our office must Accept your application before your registration will be completed. Please allow 24 hours following registration for our office to process your registration.
To learn more about the Patient Portal - Secure Messaging service, visit MHS GENESIS Patient Portal. If you have any questions about Patient Portal - Secure Messaging, please feel free to contact Patient Portal - Secure Messaging Customer Support at 1-800-538-9552..
Emergency instructions. If you feel that you have a true medical emergency: Call 911 for an ambulance.
- When you enrolled in TRICARE Prime, you were given a Primary Care Manager (PCM) by name and team. You will be scheduled to see your assigned PCM unless he/she is not available within a reasonable time, depending on the urgency of your problem. Continuity of care with your PCM is a premium factor in providing you the best possible care. When your PCM is deployed, your appointment will be with another member of the healthcare team.
- Routine appointments
- All routine appointments to the clinic must be scheduled through Central Appointments by calling 1-888-683-2778, or by using MHS GENESIS Patient Portal.
- Planning ahead for routine appointments will maximize your ability to obtain an appointment with your PCM at an appropriate time. Please bring your valid military ID card to each appointment at the clinic. Department of Defense and Tripler Army Medical Center require a 100 percent ID check. Remember, children cannot be left alone in the waiting rooms while parents are being seen.
- You should schedule routine appointment if any of the following apply:
- You or family members have chronic medical problems and injuries.
- You or family members require health maintenance (routine physicals and gynecological exams).
- You or family members need management of chronic illnesses (asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.).
- Procedure appointments.
- If you have a question on an upcoming procedure or need to cancel a procedure please call the Central Appointment Line at 1-888-683-2778, during normal duty hours.
Other services offered.
Family Medicine Satellite Pharmacy - will be closing Monday, 15 November 2021
Effective Monday, 15 November 2021, the pharmacy located within Family Medicine Clinic will close. At this time, there is no anticipated date for re-opening. For Tripler Outpatient Pharmacy Services, patients will need to utilize Tripler Army Medical Center’s Main Outpatient Pharmacy (4th floor, Mountainside). As always, patients may utilize other DoD pharmacy sites. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We will continue to make adjustments in order to provide you with the safest and most effective care possible.
Family Medicine Satellite Pharmacy Hours:
8:00 AM - 12:30 PM and 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM Monday thru Friday
CLOSED Saturday, Sunday & all Training and Federal Holidays
Tripler's Main Outpatient Pharmacy is located on the fourth floor (Mountain side) of the hospital. This full service pharmacy has a complete inventory of medications listed on the Tripler Army Medical Center formulary and fills new prescriptions, refill prescriptions as well as prescriptions written for formulary medications by civilian providers outside of Tripler. For more detailed information about Tripler’s Main Outpatient Pharmacy and other outlying military pharmacies across Oahu, please visit our website.
- Immunizations. Immunizations for babies and adults are available in the clinic. Infants less than two years old receive their immunizations at the time of their Well Baby appointment. Active duty soldiers receive their immunizations through the Allergy/Immunology Service at Tripler.
- Obstetrical care and examination. The service provides comprehensive prenatal care from conception to birth. Your family physician is able to deliver your baby, perform routine obstetrical examinations, and arrange obstetrical consultations and pregnancy advice with specialists during your visits.
- Women's health. Routine gynecological examinations, pap smears, mammograms and contraceptive counseling are available by scheduling an appointment.
- Well baby and child examinations. Comprehensive pediatric care for children from birth to 18 years of age is available from your PCM in the Family Medicine Service.
- Physicals. Schedule a routine physical appointment with your PCM for your child's school or sports physical. Please bring all necessary school forms with the medical records and shot records. Active duty soldiers should schedule physicals through Central Appointments. Please bring all requested documentation to the appointment.
- Procedures. Minor surgical procedures, flexible sigmoidoscopy, endometrial biopsy, colposcopy, exercise stress testing and vasectomy are available in the clinic.
- Pharmacy services. The Pharmacy Department operates a satellite pharmacy located just outside of the Family Medicine clinic on the first floor of D-Wing on the Oceanside of Tripler Army Medical Center. This limited service pharmacy is convenient to fill same day, new prescriptions only (no refills), for those patients seen in the Family Practice, Dental and Behavior Health clinics, located in the D-Wing of Tripler Army Medical Center.
- Laboratory services.
- Complete laboratory services are available on the fourth floor (Mountain side) of Tripler Army Medical Center. Laboratory Hours are Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
- Radiology services.
- Complete radiology services are available on the third floor (Mountain side) of Tripler Army Medical Center. Radiology hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM.
- Customer Relations Office (Patient Advocate).
- This office serves (located on the fourth floor, Mountainside) as the contact point for all patient concerns, compliments and suggestions. They are the liaison between you (the patient) and the hospital. If you have any questions, please call their office at (808) 433-6336.
- Referral services.
A referral is required to visit with a specialist such as a neurologist or surgeon. When indicated, your primary care manager (PCM) will place a referral to the appropriate specialist. You must make an appointment with your PCM for such request. Some specialties such as podiatry or orthopedic surgery will require specific x-rays before an appointment can be made. Once a referral is placed, one of the paths will occur:
- Tripler tries to provide all possible care. If there is access with a specialist at Tripler within 30 days, then your specialty care will be provided at Tripler, as early as 2 working days after your referral is placed. Please call 1-888-683-2778 Monday-Friday 6:30am-4pm to arrange a date. In addition, the specialty clinic may attempt to reach you to schedule a date.
- If Tripler does not have access to the appropriate specialist in 30 days, then the request will be sent to a provider in the civilian economy through Health Net Federal Services. Call Health Net at 1-544-866-9378 or go to www.tricare-west.com create an account and track your referral. The status of the referral is updated 72 hours at this site after the referral is placed.
- Currently NO specialty clinic appointments can be made on-line. Please be sure that your information is up to date in DEERS.
We accept customer satisfaction feedback through our FOCUS "For Our Customer's Ultimate Satisfaction" Cards (located throughout the hospital) and through our Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE) site located on the Internet at http://ice.disa.mil.
If you have any questions, you may contact our Customer Relations office