Outpatient Records Room, Health Information Management
List of Services Provided
- Maintain and ensure accountability of all hard copy outpatient medical records.
- In-process and out-processing of Soldiers and mail-out of hard copy records to subsequent duty station.
- Retire outpatient medical records of Army Soldiers to the Army Record Processing Center.
- Retire all other hard copy medical records to the National Archives in accordance with regulation.
Directions to HIM Outpatient Records Room:
- Health Records may not be hand carried by the patient according to current laws and Department of Defense policy.
- When transferring, contact your servicing medical records room for instructions on how your medical records will be moved to the new location. Records are not transferred during out-processing. Military medical facilities may request transfer of medical records using DD Form 877 during in-processing at your next duty station. Have a copy of your orders and all amendments available during this time. Patients may request a copy of their records at any time and obtaining a complete copy is recommended if PCSing to a remote location for recruiting or other duties where a military treatment facility will not be located close to your location.
- Health records are retired three years after a patient’s last recorded clinic visit unless associated with an active duty tour as a Service Member or dependent.
- Dependent health records are archived in Saint Louis, MO.
- Active duty member health records are archived in San Antonio, TX.
We are located at Tripler Army Medical Center, Oceanside, A-wing, basement, in room 508 – G1A-508.
Hours of Operations
Monday thru Friday: 0800-1530
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Federal Holidays: Closed
- Authorization of disclosure of Medical or Dental Information
We accept customer satisfaction feedback through our FOCUS "For Our Customer's Ultimate Satisfaction" Cards (located throughout the hospital) and through our Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE) site located on the Internet at http://ice.disa.mil.
If you have any questions, you may contact our Customer Relations office