Click here for the latest announcements, HPCON, and COVID-19 information!

About Us

Selection Process for Residency

For Military applicants: The Main information site is located at This site contains all the current information and rules set by the U.S. Army for medical education and takes precedence over any local rules discussed on this page. Priority for selection to Army programs is given to medical students who have U.S. Army commitments. These are usually medical students who received Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) or Health Profession Scholarship Programs (HPSP) funding. These medical students incur an active duty service obligation. General Medical Officers currently serving on active duty in the Army may also apply for residency. All applicants must meet Army fitness qualifications for active duty soldiers which includes passing a physical examination.

For Civilian Applicants: the Tripler Radiology Residency Program participates each year in the National Resident Matching Program. Recognizing the contribution that Tripler Army Medical Center makes to its local beneficiary population, the Department of Veterans Affairs has partnered with the U.S. Army, to provide training in several key specialties. Radiology is one of these, and Tripler is proud to offer the only VA funded Army Radiology Residency position in the United States. Because significant VA care is provided over the course of the 5 year training program, the VA considers this payment for the training benefits received – upon graduation from residency, the trainee owes absolutely nothing to the U.S. Army or the VA. Working for the VA is an unparalleled opportunity to serve your country, without wearing a uniform or incurring long-term obligations.

US citizenship

US citizens should apply. You must have graduated from an US accredited medical school. If selected, you must successfully complete Step 1 and Step 2 of the US licensure examination. Step 3 can be completed during internship year. You must possess a current unrestricted medical license after internship.


Military applicants can apply through the GME website This website will not become activated until mid-July each year once there is an approved school year plan for training to begin. This website requires you to submit your application and curriculum vitae online. When you enter the website, you will be required to read and understand the GME announcement which advises you of the rules/policies affecting Army GME and advises you of the supporting documents which must be submitted directly to this office for inclusion with your application. The deadline date for submission of the application is generally 15 Sep and the deadline date for submission of supporting documents is usually 1 November. You must check the actual dates at the website listed at the top of this enclosure. Additionally, if you apply, you will be required to interview with at least one program director in radiology. The board meets during the last week of November and the board results are released mid-December.

Contact Us

Medical Education

Medical Student Coordinator

Phone Number: (808) 433-6992

Transitional-Year Coordinator

Phone Number: (808) 433-2474

VACANT Lead GME Coordinator

Phone Number: (808) 433-6982

VACANT Continuing Medical Education Coordinator

Phone Number: (808) 433-4710


Phone Number: (808) 433-2457
VACANT USUHS Coordinator

Fax Number(808) 433-1559


Medical Education at

Hours of Operations

Monday thru Friday from 0700 to 1600
(7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.), and closed on Federal Holidays and selected Training Holidays.


Physical Address

Tripler Army Medical Center
9th Floor, A-Wing
1 Jarrett White Road
Tripler AMC, HI 96859-5000

Mailing Address

Department of the Army
1 Jarrett White Road
Tripler AMC, HI 96859-5000

Don't forget to keep your family's information up-to-date in DEERS.