General Surgery Residency Program at Tripler Army Medical Center
About the Program
- We are a joint program between Tripler Army Medical Center and Kaiser Permanente- Moanalua
- We are the only Army General Surgery Program with a civilian partnership.
- At Tripler we receive referrals from the Pacific Island Health Care Program (PIHCP) providing exposure for our residents to rare and advanced diseases not seen on the mainland.
- Tripler residents are the highest paid residents in the country.
- Intern income: approximately $104k
- 6 Year residency with an included research year between the 2nd and 3rd year of training
The Tripler Army Medical Center General Surgery Residency Program will provide the best overall training to those mature, professional and dedicated trainees who want to become the future surgical leaders in the U.S. Army and the nation. We will also emphasize the need for the military general surgeon to be capable in all areas of surgery, as our graduates will likely deploy to remote locations in austere conditions during their military career. The combination of clinical caseload (complex and high volume), structured academic program, multitude of research opportunities, and a committed faculty at Tripler Army Medical Center will ensure that we achieve our goals.
Please reach out to us via phone or email for more information about the program. Information about how to schedule a rotation can be found at the below link: https://tripler.tricare.mil/About-Us/Education-and-Training/Graduate-Medical-Education/Medical-Student-Applicants