Graduate Medical Education Medical Student Informational Handbook
Fingerprinting Requirements for Civilian Students
First Step -
Complete the Personnel Security Investigation Portal (PSIP) Information Sheet.
- Must be computer generated.
- Students need to contact the program coordinator/sponsor for supervisor information.
- Copy of one of the following documents should be attached to the PSIP as proof of citizenship.
- US Birth Certificate.
- US Passport.
- Certificate of Citizenship/Naturalization issued by INS.
- Documentation of US Citizens Born Abroad to US citizen or parents (Forms FS-240, -545 or DS-1350).
Complete the Optional Form (OF) 306, Declaration for Federal Employment
- Must be computer generated.
- All boxes should be completed with Y/N.
- Do not type anything in box 16 unless applicable per instructions.
- Dates on the form must be in the MM/DD/YYYY, e.g., 07/01/2019.
- Cannot be handwritten or digitally signed. Student will manually sign form after form is printed.
Send completed PSIP, OF 306, Statement of Work (you get this from your program coordinator/sponsor) and Curriculum Vitae to your program coordinator/sponsor for review.
- Due that this information contains PII information make sure your program coordinator/sponsor has provided you a method to send this information via secured means, e.g., mail or encrypted e-mail such as the DoD SAFE website.
- Once your program coordinator/sponsor has received your information they in turn will forward to the Security Office for their approval.
- The Security Office will respond back to the submitter that individual is cleared to get fingerprinted or that corrections need to be made.
- Program coordinator/sponsor will advise student of security office clearance/corrections that may be needed and that you can go and get fingerprinted.
- Student needs to provide a date and time to the program coordinator/sponsor as to when he/she can go to get fingerprinted. The program coordinator/sponsor will inform the security office of this information. Student cannot show up without an appointment.
- When reporting to the security office (military, state, city, private, etc.), other than Tripler, please make sure that you have the following with you.
- Identification (military ID, driver's license, e.g.).
- Completed PSIP Information Sheet.
- If the security office (other than Tripler) has the availability to scan your fingerprints, please provide them the following information as well.
- SON: 520B.
- SOI – Use one of the codes below.
- A334 for Tier 1.
- Z256 for Tier 1 with childcare background check.
- IPAC: 21008711.
- If the Security Office does fingerprinting manually, please make sure that the Security Office is using the current FBI FD 258, Fingerprint Card, version 5-15-17.
- Previous editions are not acceptable.
- Date is located at the upper left of the front side.
- You must submit two (2) original cards (NO XEROX COPY) to your program coordinator/sponsor.
- If you get your fingerprinting done at Tripler, please make sure that you have in your possession, identification, completed PSIP and OF 306, your statement of work and your Curriculum Vitae.
Is the completion of fingerprinting.
- Students outside of Hawaii will send the following to their program coordinator/sponsor. Contact program coordinator/sponsor for a mailing address who will take to Security Office for processing.
- Completed PSIP, with copy of proof of citizenship.
- Completed OF 306.
- FBI FD 258, Fingerprint Card, version 5-15-17, if fingerprinting was done manually. The fingerprint card (two (2)) must be mailed.
- Statement of Work for educational rotation.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Students who live in Hawaii will take required documentation to the Security Office for fingerprinting at appointed time.