Resident Schedule Overview
- Morning Report: (M-F) 0730–0800. Resident presentation and discussion of patients admitted or interesting patients seen through clinic or during elective rotations.
- Daily Huddle: (M-F) 0800-0815. Departmental huddle for schedule review and announcements. A sub-specialty huddle follows the departmental one for those residents on sub-specialty rotations
- Morning Lecture: (M-F) 0815-0900. CME based didactics on a variety of pediatric topics using multiple teaching methods.
- Lunchtime Didactics: (M, T, Th) 1215-1300. Informal, educational sessions that include hands on code and procedural training, QI/PS and research project review, military unique education, and clinical topics.
- Continuity Discussions: (W) 1215-1300. Case-based discussion with continuity group and an assigned general pediatrician facilitator based on established curriculum with readings.
- Wellness Activity: (F) 1215-1300. Weekly wellness discussion or activity as coordinated by the resident-led Wellness Committee.
Resident Call Responsibilities:
PGY-1 residents take weekend cross cover call on the ward and newborn nursery. On outpatient rotations, PGY-1s average 2-3 weekend call shifts per month. Senior residents (PGY-2s and PGY-3s) take weekend call on the PICU/ward and NICU, averaging 1-2 shifts per month during outpatient rotations.
All residents receive time off over either the Christmas or New Year’s Holiday. In addition to this time, PGY-1 residents are allowed an additional 14 vacation days and senior residents an additional 21 vacation days to be scheduled at their discretion on outpatient rotations.