Occupational Health Requirements
- Reminder that Hawai'i is a high threat area for certain diseases and that we have additional requirements than most places.
- Proponent for this is Tripler Army Medical Center (TAMC) Regulation 40-27, Pre-Placement Medical Immunization Requirements for Military and Civilian Students/Trainees, 25 February 2019.
No-later-than fifty (50) days out from start of educational rotation/training or observation, provide appropriate educational coordinator/sponsor Tripler Army Medical Center Form 944, Immunization Requirement
- Form must be completed and signed by an official at your school and not you the student.
- Must meet Tripler's immunization (minimum essential) requirements.
- Since immunization records are PHI, under HIPAA the transmission of such will be via a secured website such as DoD SAFE and follow the instructions on the website for submission.
- Laboratory titers and verifiable clinical reports are the preferred documentation for immunizations. A summary or list of immunizations without verifiable clinical documentation attached is not acceptable and may result in a cancellation or a delay in the start of your training.
- All students/trainees and observers should be pre-cleared by Occupational Health prior to the start of your training/observation.
- Do not send any other health information!
- Reminder that Hawai'i is a high threat area for certain diseases and that we have additional requirements then most places.
- You will not contact the Occupational Health Services for any reason. If you have any questions concerning immunizations, please address your concerns with your educational coordinator/sponsor.
Educational Coordinator/Sponsor Responsibilities
- Will provide Tripler Army Medical Center Form 943, Pre-placement (Immunization) Clearance with Tripler Army Medical Center Form 944 to Occupational Health Services for review per instructions contained in Tripler Army Medical Center Regulation 40-27.
- If any discrepancies in Occupational Health Services review, educational coordinator/sponsor will notify the student/trainee or observer by appropriate educational coordinator/sponsor to provide necessary documentation to correct such and resubmit for review and approval of pre-clearance requirements.